Version 0.12.0 released
After only 2 months and nearly 300 commits, this is one of the feature-richest releases we’ve ever done.
This release, again, contains some breaking changes. We try to break things now rather than later, when we release version 1.0 (which is hopefully soon).
A quick overview:
ProgressIndicatoris now removed, as it wasn’t working as expected. Use
IsIndeterminate = Trueinstead, which should give a much smoother experience.
MetroImagehas been removed because it was broken. A better alternative is to use a simple
Rectangle, as described here
- For the same reasons, the
Panoramacontrol has been removed. While we have no drop-in replacement for this control, if you really want it back, you can always submit a pull request with a better Panorama, but beware, it most likely needs a serious rewrite.
RangeSlidercontrol is currently being rewritten, so expect some breaking changes here.
The dialog system has been overhauled for better extensibility.
SimpleDialog class now allows to create a custom dialog.
ProgressDialog is a dialog that displays progress (duh!) inspired by Github for Windows.
InputDialog works like the
MessageDialog but allows the user to input text.
For reference, see PR #785 , #860 and #901 .
Just like modal dialogs, Flyouts can now be made modal by setting the
IsModal = true.
Thanks @grokys for this feature!
For reference, see PR #824
A Flyout can now have a theme, just like
There are four different theme states, indicated by the
FlyoutTheme.Adapt: The flyout will use the theme if the host window
FlyoutTheme.Inverse: The flyout will use the inverse theme of the host window
FlyoutTheme.Dark: Always dark. This is the default value
FlyoutTheme.Light: Always use the light theme
FlyoutTheme.Accent: Instead of the dark/light theme, use the accent of the host window
This behavior can be set through the
For reference, see PR #941
Expander control that can can be used to close/open for example a
Thanks @Icehunter for this feature!
For reference, see PR #834
Two new icons have been added to Mahapps.Metro.Resources: - appbar_more_horizontal - appbar_more_vertical
For reference, see PR #887
MetroNavigationWindow. This is the re-implementation of System.Windows.Navigation.NavigationWindow in a Metro-style
For reference, see PR #801
ContentTemplateSelector support for
You can now provide a
ContentTemplateSelector for the
Added AccentedSquareButton and IdealForegroundColor key
- Added an AccentedSquareButton. It looks like the SquareButton except that its Background is the current Accent.
- Added an IdealForegroundColor key to every accent.
- Removed title parameter from
For reference, see PR #846 # Fixes
- Fixed high GPU usage when the
MetroProgressbaris hidden. #812 #817
- Fixed the window glow not hiding when the window is hidden #839 #843
- Fixed window not being able to have a greater width than the width of the main screen #874 #917
ShowWindowCommandsOnTop="False"not working for
- Fixed using GlowBrush property enables the resizing of the window #851 #896
- Fixed the ToggleSwitch’s built-in Top/Left margin #878 #880
- Fixed ThemeManager’s OnThemeChanged work-around conflicting with other WPF internals #923 #932